Senior Instrumentation and Splunk Platform Engineer
The Enterprise Management Systems team is responsible for engineering and maintaining monitoring, logging and telemetry platforms across Charles Schwab. In this role you will be providing logging/telemetry solutions for the firm’s infrastructure and critical application systems.
What you are good at
- Building and maintaining at enterprise scale: logging, telemetry and logging solutions
- Unix/Linux platform configuration, performance tuning, and OS internals.
- Understanding of time series metrics processing for telemetry data
- Troubleshooting problems across the entire infrastructure stack
What you have
- At least 5-7 years' infrastructure engineering experience with expertise configuring, tuning and optimizing Splunk infrastructure for real time performance
- Must have expert knowledge of Unix/Linux platform configuration, performance tuning, and OS internals.
- Must have expert understanding of cross platform logging systems and log data forwarding solutions including, syslog forwarding and facilities, Splunk forwarder, Windows eventlog , WEC/WEF, log appended services such as log4j and the best practices for managing structured and unstructured event data
- Expertise with shell scripting, leveraging languages such as Python for scripting and is expected to build and maintain automation solutions for system administration and data management tasks.
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills. This role requires engagement with teams across the TDA tech community regarding data on-boarding to Splunk, dashboard building, governance, and will require the individual to maintain documentation.
- Experience with Kafka event streaming technology is preferred
- Familiarity configuring infra and managing data in other data and search platforms such as MongoDB, Elastic Search, Grafana, Cassandra or Hadoop is a plus.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.