Specialist, Schwab Trader Services
Schwab's core belief is simple, place in all things. Many companies say that, but we work to keep clients at the heart of everything we do by offering a more modern way to build and manage wealth.
We are champions of investors and are looking for other advocates to join our team as an Active TraderOur team consists of a workforce, in all stages of their careers, people looking for a career change or are re-entering the workforce. If you enjoy providing an outstanding level of service to others around you, have a passion for continuous learning, and enjoy working with like-minded individuals to learn from and share standard methodologies with, this may be the job for you.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remotely and sometime in the office.
Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
Providing our clients with outstanding experiences is the priority at Schwab. Our goal is to enhance client dedication with every interaction, bringing your personality to your calls to build memorable experiences. With a focus on encouraging client loyalty and employee engagement and development, we support clients and employees in reaching their goals. Schwab provides extensive training and internal support that allows employees to succeed in all aspects of their careers.
Schwab Trader Services Specialists act as an ambassador of Schwab to educate, guide and assist clients with all trading issues. A career in Client Service and Support begins with a substantial client-focused mentality and a strong desire to help clients meet their financial goals.
Schwab takes an innovative investing approach. We build trust and inspire confidence through exceptional service, one connection at a time. Our dedicated specialists provide market insight and one-on-one assistance to help our clients with our unbiased approach to navigating the markets.
Additionally, we provide online research and commentary on current market conditions and investing fundamentals. Whether clients are self-directed or looking to partner with Schwab to manage their portfolios, we are here to help them find the right products to meet their needs and investing goals. We help clients at all stages of investing take charge of their futures and
Through your client conversations, you will:
- engage clients in discussions focused on educating and providing guidance related to their investing needs.
- Care enough to ask the difficult questions knowing that just one question, the right question, can change a client’s future.
- client needs can range from actual trade execution to more complex research and portfolio reviews. Execute transactions and provide the next steps for obtaining guidance based on the client's objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance.
- Ask the right questions to provide options when appropriate that align with client goals. We also partner with the client’s Financial Consultant for identified business development opportunities.
- Collaborate in a team-based environment with a diverse group of professionals focused on meeting the clients' needs and Charles Schwab & Co.
- Participate in our merit-based performance culture where employees feel empowered to own their careers, focusing on addressing clients' needs, personalizing each interaction, and valuing clients and their time.
What you have
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to effectively mitigate risk and adhere to trading accuracy while adhering to policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ability to ask appropriate, probing questions to clearly understand the client’s needs. Using good judgment when responding and selecting language and examples tailored to the specific experience level of the client.
- Collaborative and relationship-focused work style with demonstrated success in a team environment.
- Practical time management & communication skills, positive demeanor, enthusiasm, professionalism, a strong work ethic with a high integrity level.
Target total Compensation- $45,100-$74,500
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience-- talk with you recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.