Sr. Finance Manager, Investor Relations
The Investor Relations team is part of the broader Finance organization at Schwab. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, our team combines aspects of finance, communication, and marketing to disseminate company information to the public in a manner consistent with supporting a full and fair valuation for Schwab’s stock.
The team strives to achieve this goal through the thoughtful execution of its ongoing Investor Relations program, which includes a range of scheduled and reactive investment community interactions. In a typical year, the Investor Relations team will hold upwards of 400 meetings, facilitate an additional 50+ investor meetings with Schwab leadership, and host 5 to 10 non-deal road shows with institutional investors across the U.S., Europe, and Asia. At the same time, the team is constantly working to cultivate deep relationships across the firm which enables us to gather key insights, perspectives, and achievements to share during each quarterly earnings cycle.
As a key member of the Investor Relations team, the Manager will play a critical role in executing all aspects of the Investor Relations Program and ensure we are effectively delivering Schwab’s powerful story to our current and prospective investors.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
What you are good at
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc analyses highlighting key trends within Schwab’s institutional ownership base for senior management and the Board of Directors
- Assist with the development of critical Investor Relations content, including (but not limited to) quarterly earnings releases and business update presentations, annual stockholder meeting materials, intra-quarter SMART reports, and periodic CFO Commentaries
- Partner with cross-functional teams across Schwab to gather, comprehend, and validate key data points for Investor Relations team deliverables
- Develop thoughtful targeting analyses used by the Investment Relations Officer to facilitate executive meetings with current and/or prospective institutional stockholders
- Interface regularly with the Chief Financial Officer and other Schwab executives as well as members of the investment community
- Build rapport with members of the investment community
- Manage concurrent workstreams with a high degree of organization and enthusiasm
- Enhance your understanding of Schwab’s strategy and financial model to support the team in addressing inbound questions from sell-side analysts and investors
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the team by refining existing processes and procedures
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of work experience, with advanced degree or industry certification a plus
- Superior analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, research capabilities, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Comfort working on a cross-functional team in a dynamic, fast-moving, and high exposure work environment
- While prior experience in the financial services industry is not required, we prefer that candidates demonstrate a strong interest to work in the financial services sector
- Previous Investor Relations experience is a plus, but not a prerequisite
Target Total Compensation - $111,600 - $182,200
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.