Sr. Financial Analyst - FP&A
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best-in-class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Digital Services Finance team provides financial analysis and business decision support for Schwab’s newly formed Digital Services enterprise. The team’s objectives are to help business partners drive operational leverage and maximize profitability through rigorous analysis to support strategic decision making and planning, understand business trends, and communicate performance.
What you are good at
This role provides a terrific opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to partner directly with senior leaders in the newly formed Digital Services enterprise and their counterparts in various other enterprises across Schwab. The Manager of Finance is a close partner to the Digital Services leadership team and plays a critical role as part of the Schwab Digital Services Finance team providing FP&A, financial oversight and decision support for leadership’s digital transformation efforts. This is an individual contributor role.
Day-to-Day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Support Data Analytics and Insights and Digital Cross-Enterprise Digital teams, helping to drive business decisions and influencing the future direction of products/services
- Work closely with various partners across Schwab to support decision making for Schwab’s digital transformation efforts through ad-hoc financial analysis
- Support the ROI analysis and development of Key Performance Indicators for the launch of new digital products and benefits realization post-launch
- Develop business cases to support investment decisions, obtain cross-enterprise buy in for investment, and measure benefits to understand results and opportunities
- Verbal and written articulation of investment value and recommendations for executive audience
- Partner with the Digital Services leadership team to develop and manage annual operating plans and financial forecasts
- Support the monthly risks and opportunities tracking, close process and reporting
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of related experience in a finance or analytical role
- Comfortable expressing a point of view in a team setting and with partners at all levels
- Proactive self-starter and team player who can manage multiple deliverables of varying scope and complexity simultaneously and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines with limited supervision in an extremely fast-paced, rapidly changing, time-sensitive environment
- Highly adaptable, agile and persistent
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience collaborating with senior business partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to succinctly synthesize data, develop recommendations, create presentations and present to leadership
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex dynamic environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Understanding of corporate finance theory, financial markets and financial statement analysis
- Strong Excel skills, with an understanding of financial modeling best practices
- Consulting experience
- Experience in data analytics and reporting with tools such as business objects
- Experience in financial services industry (brokerage, retail/commercial banking, asset management, etc.)
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.