Sr. Financial Analyst - FP&A
The Corporate Functions Finance team is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function and provides financial and analytical insights and business planning support to the Human Resources business and other corporate functions enterprises at Charles Schwab. The purpose of this role is to help our business partners make well informed decisions. Analytical assignments will be diverse, and range from identifying operational efficiencies, sizing expense opportunities, headcount analysis etc. The role provides opportunities to work directly with business executives and Finance department leadership in support of various business initiatives.
What you are good at
- Facilitate annual budgeting and ongoing forecasting (expense and personnel)
- Lead monthly reporting around operational expenses, departmental metrics and cost synergy realization
- Partner with senior management to evaluate, structure and execute business and financial plans, growth initiatives, and investment strategies
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaboration across numerous internal touch points between HR, Finance and other internal groups as needed
- Ensure rigor, drive efficiency, and promote process excellence and continuous improvement with core financial processes
- Perform ad-hoc analyses related to understanding business trends, business and financial performance
What you have
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, and persistence in your prior roles
- BA/BS in Business, Finance or Accounting with a minimum 4-6 years of relevant Financial Planning & Analysis experience
- Ability to synthesize data and summarize findings into effective presentations
- Strong communication and partnering skills
- Understanding of diverse finance and accounting principles and concepts
- Strong PC skills, including the Microsoft suite of products
- Experience with Business Objects, IBM Cognos TM1, PeopleSoft preferable
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.