Wealth Strategist, Trust & Estate/Tax Specialist - Denver, CO
The High Net Worth Specialist works with branch partners and Schwab Private Client Investment Advisors to provide detailed, highly sophisticated advice to entrepreneurs and other high-net-worth individuals with complex financial affairs, substantial business interests, large family estates and investment portfolios requiring careful attention.
What you are good at
The High Net Worth Specialist will work with Financial Consultants to support high net worth clients and prospects seeking trust, tax and estate solutions. You will function as the in-house subject matter expert in support of the Retail Financial Consultants who are the “quarter-backs” for client relationships on specific tax, trust and estate issues.
- As a High Net Worth Trust & Estate/Tax Specialist, you will:
- Develop and manage strong relationships with Financial Consultants and Portfolio Consultants.
- Function as an in-house subject matter expert on sophisticated trust, estate and income tax questions and issues.
- Help identify cross-sell opportunities within Schwab Retail, Schwab Institutional and Schwab Corporate & Retirement Services.
- Present at Schwab Client Events.
- Support training of Financial Consultants in Trust/Estate and Tax issues
- Have relevant financial services knowledge and be able to communicate Schwab’s products and services as well as Schwab’s policies and procedures.
We believe that our values have helped us to build both a successful business model and an outstanding work environment. We value teamwork, integrity, service, open communication, and perseverance. If you want to work at a firm that truly values your contributions, consider a career with Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have
- At least one of the following is required; JD, LLM, CPA, CTFA, AEP.
- CFP® designation is preferred
- Extensive experience advising high net worth clients on sophisticated trust, estate planning and/or high net worth tax issues.
- Demonstrated expertise in providing solutions to high net worth clients.
- Ability to build relationships and work closely with Branch Financial Consultants and Portfolio Consultants within Schwab Private Client.
- Superior legal research and writing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and demonstrated success in a team-selling environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication, listening, interpersonal, client service, networking and analytical skills.
- Travel approximately 10% to 25%.
- This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.