Banking Operations Representative
Banking Operations is the core of all monetary transactions completed at TD Ameritrade. This role is responsible for processing, analyzing and coding monetary transactions in and out of TD Ameritrade. It requires a high level of organization, attention to detail, as well as regulatory knowledge within the brokerage, and federal banking industry. This includes but not limited to IRS, State and Federal banking and brokerage regulations, Tax, FINRA/SEC, and OCC. This role executes on internal controls to minimize financial, reputational, and legal risk to TD Ameritrade.
In addition, associates are responsible for communicating with both internal and external clients via inbound phone calls, chat or email related inquiries in regards to monetary transactions and coding.
What you are good at
- Analyze client requests and apply applicable regulation and/or law to that request. May include but not limited to IRS, State and Federal Regulations, FINRA/SEC, and OCC.
- Analyze client transaction and account data to ensure risk mitigation for the client and TD Ameritrade.
- Identify any red flags and/or high risk activity and escalate to the appropriate business partner.
- Review and interpret daily reporting for account and client reconciliation and proper resolution.
- Ensure proper completion and execution of a client’s Letter of Instruction meets regulatory requirements.
- Ensure prompt and accurate processing and recording of client transactional requests.
- Ability to learn, retain and apply processes and procedures as well as system technologies in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to make efficient and risk based decisions on transactional requests.
- Ability to process and navigate multiple cash management systems and technologies.
- Perform reconciliation tasks and activities to ensure both clients and TD Ameritrade’s books and records are in balance.
- Ensure proper client authentication methods have been performed within regulatory guidelines to ensure risk mitigation conducted.
- Leverage Lean Principles to identify inefficiencies in existing processes.
- Actively Participate in Problem Solving sessions to ensure proper resolution.
- Work with business partners to ensure upstream and downstream impacts
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with our business partners and peers
- Liaise with business partners for resolution of client escalations and research cases regarding payment transactions.
- Ability to effectively communicate through various channels. (Email, Phone, Instant Message, Presenting/Meetings)
- Willingness to work with vendors and/or business partners in an effort to apply best practices that benefit our clients.
- Ability to handle complex banking and brokerage related inquiries from both internal and external clients as well as understanding what federal banking regulations apply to the brokerage industry.
What you have
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 4 Year College Degree in Business/Finance Preferred
- 0-2 years related experience
- Knowledge in within the brokerage and federal banking industry preferred
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively through various communication methods.
- Ability to work with a high sense of urgency.
- Flexible and responsive to change.
- Consistently conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.