Financial Services Representative (Overnight, Weekend Shift)
In this exciting role, you'll learn to educate our clients about investments, trading tools, market mechanics, and retirement choices. You will earn your Securities licenses in our paid licensing and training program. Financial Services Representatives are an essential component of our client relationship model that has consistently set Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade apart within the financial services industry. We are looking for individuals who are compassionate, good listeners, personable and have the desire to be an ambassador for our growing organization. We offer unlimited opportunities for professional development and advancement as the strength our combined firm continues to grow.
What makes a successful Financial Services Representative at Schwab?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if they align with your expertise.
- Good listener
- Relationship specialist
Our collaborative culture allows you to learn and grow as a team. We work together to serve our clients through meaningful conversations on investment education and market dynamics while providing a superior level of customer service.
Setting you up for Success!
Your Training Program: It’s just the start of your ongoing professional development journey with us.
Service Essential Training Learn about Schwab’s products, services, processes, and systems. All the essential knowledge you need to get you started.
On the Job Training Start taking live calls from clients, with the support of a seasoned professional at your side, to help build your comfort level and confidence.
Get your team assignment and put your new skills into practice!
Start time is based on many factors including individual readiness and needs of the business.
Licensing Start studying for the SIE, Series 7 top-off and the Series 63 licensing exams. This is a structured licensing training program with support from our experienced professionals to help you along the way.
Trading & Investing Essentials Grow your financial aptitude with more advanced financial concepts.
At Schwab, you have the opportunity to grow as far as your ambition takes you!
Within the Client Service and Support team, there are several paths you can take.
Client Service and Support team Career Options begin with Financial Services Representative, then Licensed Financial Services Representative, then either Team Manager or Trade Support or Derivatives or Trade Solutions or High Net Worth Sr. Specialist or Quality Assurance.
Working at Schwab is like cooking in your mother's kitchen; you know the food will be tasty and it will be deemed your cooking even if you received mother's help anyway. It means you are never alone here, no task is for one Schwabbie and all the glory is yours to keep. It is the most humbling experience.Sheikh Associate Brokerage Service Rep
Working at Charles Schwab, I am constantly challenged and motivated to grow both professionally and personally. In an industry as dynamic as financial services, I find myself learning more constantly. Schwab is known for its outstanding leadership, and it is clear to see when looking at the individuals I am surrounded by.Eilidh Associate Brokerage Service Rep
Schwab is a place where there is a lot of transparency, which leads to a lot of trust. I trust that the company is looking after everyone's best interests – its employees, clients, and the establishment. There is a lot of support and encouragement to become the best version of yourself that you can be. Schwab is a very unique and special company. It feels like home.Alexia Specialist Brokerage Service Rep
Schwab sets a great environment for their employees - both to do well in their role and to move forward in their careers. Employees collaborate with their managers to set professional goals and the firm's expectations of your performance are clear and logical. Management is organized and supportive of your success.Monica Senior Specialist High Networth Rep
Schwab offers medical, dental, and vision benefits; and tax-advantaged HSA, voluntary benefits, and wellness programs.
Some of these benefits include 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, and employee branch and advice services.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
We offer six weeks of paid parental leave for both the primary and secondary caregiver. We also offer a Dependent Care FSA.
Schwab offers valuable programs and support to help you succeed. This includes education reimbursement, mentoring, and job shadowing.
Schwab offers a 28-day paid sabbatical that you are eligible for after five years of employment, and every five years thereafter.
We are dedicated to building and maintaining a dynamic organization and culture that values and reflects the individual strengths of every team member.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
Immediate opportunity to learn and grow within our service teams
Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade are champions of investors and those who serve them and are looking for additional champions to join the company as a Financial Services Representative. This position will launch your professional path in financial services, where you’ll have the opportunity to “own your tomorrow” and grow a robust and meaningful career with our organization. Schwab and TD Ameritrade provide paid training for your Series 7 and 63 licenses. Why, you ask, because we believe investing in our associates is essential for investing in our It provides opportunities for associates to move from this role to others that match their aspirations within Schwab and TD Ameritrade, including departments like Sales, Operations, Marketing, Communications, and more.
We are made up of a diverse workforce of skilled professionals so regardless of where you are at in your career, we have a spot for you. As a Financial Services Representative, you will be an ambassador of Schwab and TD Ameritrade helping to educate and tackle problems for thousands of clients. Your role will take place in a service center taking inbound calls from our clients (individual investors) on a variety of topics. Professionals that embrace their career development and demonstrate success in serving our clients, will have opportunities for promotion and increased compensation.
“Always put the client first. No matter what.” Charles Schwab
What you are good at
Throughout these phone-based conversations you will:
- Bring enthusiasm: Work in a high energy contact center environment
- Engage clients: Deliver great client service when answering inbound phone calls
- Be an advocate for clients: Take ownership and tackle complex and challenging issues to resolve the client’s needs. Introducing clients to Schwab and TD Ameritrade’s products and services
- Be consultative: Once licensed, recommend appropriate solutions to clients which align to their goals and promote Schwab growth.
- Have a defined model of success: Our culture is one where employees feel empowered to own their career with a focus on addressing clients’ needs, personalizing each interaction, and valuing clients and their time.
What you have
- Must be able to work overnight or on the weekends (Monday-Thursday 8:30 pm to 7:00 am or Sat, Sun, Mon 7:00 am to 7:30 pm)
- Interest in obtaining FINRA series 7 & 63 licenses:
- There is a condition of employment that you will obtain the FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses
- You will be paid to participate in Schwab and TD Ameritrade’s training classes and study groups to support your pursuit of these licenses
- Motivation to learn about the securities industry, including the basic principles of equity, option and mutual fund transactions
- A working knowledge of technology and ability to operate in an environment requiring intermediate digital literacy
- A dedication to consistently improve the client experience
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with clients over the phone
- Robust consulting, influencing and client engagement skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative team-based culture
- An ownership mentality with a desire to continually develop and learn
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.