Senior Oracle Database Administrator, GoldenGate
You will understand the overall design, architecture and implementation of TD Ameritrade's Order Management Applications. This position is responsible for evaluating the impact of decisions relating to databases and applications (Oracle RAC and GoldenGate), providing recommendations to management around the placement and integration of other TDA software and tools. The role will be involved with multifunctional Order Management Applications, DBMS upgrades, application upgrades, disaster recovery, migrations, backups, optimizations and various engineering initiatives.
You will have advanced knowledge in database and application (Oracle RAC and GoldenGate) technologies. Advanced ability to identify possible causes and solutions for problems based on prior experience and current research. You will weigh the costs, benefits, risks and chances for success before recommending a course of action. You must have experience with monitoring, problem diagnosis and resolution, installation and configuration with applications you support. Must have advanced knowledge in database (Oracle), application (Linux based) and performance tuning. Must ensure compliance with established industry rules, regulations and best practices.
What you are good at
- Responsible for entire application and technology stack for a given solution. Includes presentation layer, application, middleware and database.
- Perform database maintenance activities including software installs/upgrades, best of breed configurations, monitoring and alerting, tuning.
- Responsible for overall design of the application and with the TDA infrastructure.
- Provide collaborative problem solving of issues with development and engineering teams.
- Proactively analyze diagnostic on application performance and system health to plan and provision for future utilization and capacity.
- Contribute to the implementation of database and application strategies.
- Contribute in the development of solutions to support backup and recovery, cloning, patching, high availability, upgrades and migrations.
- Ability to successfully communicate, diagram, and document technical architectural solutions and/or infrastructure.
- Work with Security team to ensure system configurations are in compliance with security policies and control standards.
- Must be tech savvy and recommend best practices and latest trends in technology.
- Work with internal as well as vendor teams to perform application implementations, installs, upgrades and maintenance.
- Monitor application and database events, troubleshoot and resolve application and database issues.
- Responsible for establishing procedures & systems to mitigate risk.
- Provide testing and performance tuning for all production and PTE environments.
- Provide collaborative problem solving of issues with development teams throughout the entire application life cycle including builds, releases, and production.
- Serves as a technical liaison to partner with other Technology teams on enterprise initiatives.
- Develop operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve efficiency, enhanced service, and optimized delivery times.
- Provide leadership and recommendations on future state design and installation.
- Provide after hours support as required.
- Develop scripts to automate administrative tasks.
- Leads the troubleshooting of complex problems in both development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
- Mentors more junior associates, serves as an SME on their system of expertise and directs the work and assigns tasks.
- Responsible for the development and documentation of best practices for his/her area of expertise.
- Demonstrates courage to make difficult decisions and engage in constructive dialog.
- Aligns firm’s core value, culture and mission through leadership development in the organization.
- Exercises strong decision making skills and enforces company policies in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures.
- Communicate across various levels of the organization.
- Lead discussions in areas outside of expertise.
- Explain costs and benefits to the business.
What you have
- Minimum 5 years of Oracle RAC administration experience. Oracle GoldenGate strongly preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in current version of application.
- Extensive knowledge of application and systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Ability to create and communicate application architecture documentation utilizing Microsoft.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Linux operating systems.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Unix shell scripts and automation.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Oracle databases.
- Minimum 7 years of experience supporting problem analysis/resolution for O/S, database and middle tier technologies.
- High level networking, storage and virtual/ESX server knowledge.
- Unix/Windows OS and scripting Knowledge.
- Experience with application and database related tools, such as Golden Gate, Data Guard, RMAN, etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud Based Services preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical and quality assurance tools, techniques and standards, including performance engineering.
- Awareness of current technology trends and emerging standards.
- Independently assess risks, benefits and consideration of alternatives and make decision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Education Level Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Cuputer Science, Information Systems or similar
- Years Related Experience: 7+
- Years Total Experience: 7-10
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.