Application Data Management Analyst
In Schwab Cybersecurity Services (SCS), Office of CISO, we provide platforms, services, and security operations capabilities which enable the firm to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes securely and safely. Securing our IT assets, data, and access to applications is the core of who we are and what we do. We ensure only the appropriate entities have access to IT resources and that we adhere to the highest standards to ensure a safe environment is maintained.
Our Identity and Access Management, (IAM), department has an opening for an Application Data Management Analyst. IAM is looking for an individual who will act as a security analyst to review data management change requests related to IAM run applications. The Analyst will partner with application owners, security administrators, and technology support to ensure that appropriate controls and procedures are in place to align with the Firm’s Information Security Policy and mitigate risk to the Firm.
What you are good at
The person in this role will possess broad knowledge and experience in IAM solutions and configurations; enabling them to execute in a traditional security analyst capacity. You will facilitate application data management changes in regards to IAM catalog data including; owners, approvers, and descriptions.
Processes and responsibilities will include:
- Promote IAM policy awareness
- Serve as a liaison between the lines of business and technology, providing overall support and guidance to ensure compliance to the firm’s policies.
- Serve as the domain specialist on data management and life cycle for IAM
- Communicate service levels and IAM program guidelines
- Manage Remedy queue and functional email box to maintain service levels
- Document, redesign and improve data management processes with the goal of improving efficiency and customer experience
- Utilization of exports of IAM managed application data to address inquiries from business partners
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years experience in Information Security field, Information Technology field; Security Certifications are a plus (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM).
- Excellent organizational skills, solid attention to detail and proven time management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of process flows with the ability to identify control gaps that leave the firm susceptible to risk.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills to execute process improvements and solutions.
- Proven success in working collaboratively, improving productivity, and designing/coordinating the implementation of ideas.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to partner with management teams across the firm.
- Ability to develop and propose potential solutions and plans for next steps, exhibiting confidence in anticipating obstacles and the consequences of decisions in order to drive projects forward
- Solid understanding of common and effective risk prevention technology tools and processes.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment under minimal direction, maintaining effectiveness and efficiencies in their day-to-day workload
- Strong MS Access, Excel, and Word skills.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.