Manager, Institutional (Trade Error Team)
Schwab Advisor Services is the leading provider of custodial, operational and trading support for independent, fee-based investment advisors. We’re looking for individuals excited about helping advisors grow successful businesses through a proactive service focused approach.
What you are good at
The Advisor Services Trading – Trade Error desk works collaboratively with advisors, product desks, AS Service, and back office operational groups to provide a variety of post execution solutions to provide clients with an exceptional trading and record keeping experience. We are currently hiring for one position for our teams.
The positions will be responsible for supporting the Advisor Services trading desk in building lasting relationships with investment advisors through the trade error process which includes, but is not limited to, trade execution, allocations and trade correction processes. This individual will work closely with both clients and business partners including Sales, Settlement Service, Operations, Equity/Options Trading, Mutual Fund Trading, Margins, TAS and Registered Investment Advisors.
Responsibilities for the Trade Error team include, but not limited to:
- Provide risk mitigation for multiple products and file trade errors for advisors as needed
- Working collaboratively with other managers and leadership in cross-departmental projects and initiatives
- Support month end reporting of the firm’s books and records utilized by AS Trading
- Provide statement and settlement reconciliation of client trades executed at Schwab or for the benefit of clients that custody assets at Schwab
- Effectively communicate and invoice billable trade error items with advisors
- Perform consolidated custom report generation of historical trade errors and metrics.
- Reconciliation of inventory accounts
- Performing historical research for clients associated with errors.
- Assisting team with company & security research
- Building and maintaining relationships with advisors
- Performing principal review and approval of trade corrections associated with errors.
- Using multiple AS applications for corrective actions and associated movements.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you have
- Series 7 and 63/6 licenses (required)
- Series 9/10, or series 8 (may be obtained under a condition of employment)
- Bachelor’s degree(preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in financial services
- Exposure to working with Advisors and institutional trading
- Solid computer skills are a must with good general knowledge of balance, position, and transaction systems necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask are critical.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Be able to deliver complex information while maintaining a positive client experience.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Customer Orientation: Quickly and effectively solves customer problems.
- Forward Thinking: Anticipates possible problems and develops contingency plans in advance.
- Fostering Innovation: Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Oral Communication: Organizes ideas clearly in oral speech.
- Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required to.
- Fostering Teamwork – Team Members: Seeks opportunities to work on teams as a means to develop experience and knowledge.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Tries to build relationships with people whose assistance, cooperation and support may be needed
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.