Security Analyst, Identity and Access Management
In Schwab Cybersecurity Services (SCS), Office of CISO, we provide platforms, services, and security operations capabilities which enable the firm to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes securely and safely. Securing our IT assets, data, and access to applications is the core of who we are and what we do. We ensure only the appropriate entities have access to IT resources and that we adhere to the highest standards to ensure a safe environment is maintained.
Our Identity and Access Management, (IAM), department has an opening for a Security Analyst. IAM is looking for an individual who will act as an analyst to review and fix gaps in provisioning and security administration of access at the firm.
What you are good at
- Associate will partner with the team to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place to align with the Firm’s Information Security Policy and to prevent employee fraud through the use of firm applications and systems.
- Mitigate opportunities for an employee to commit and/or conceal fraud by ensuring his/her system privileges are commensurate to their job responsibilities.
- Work closely with business partners and management to examine and review employee access and determine what access is appropriate to the user's job responsibilities.
- Analyze system/application usage reports, application design governing user access and reconcile access control systems and applications.
- Review provisioned employee access to ensure the access within and across applications does not result in any segregation of duties, issues or risk to the firm.
- Providing overall support to ensure compliance to policies.
What you have
- Excellent organizational skills, solid attention to detail and proven project management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of process flows and identify control gaps that leave the firm susceptible to fraud/error.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to execute process improvements and solutions.
- Proven success in working collaboratively, improving efficiency, and crafting/coordinating the implementation of ideas.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to partner with teams across the firm.
- Ability to develop and propose potential solutions and plans for next steps, exhibiting confidence in anticipating obstacles and the consequences of decisions in order to drive projects forward
- Familiarity with the concepts of IAM preferred.
- Solid understanding of common, effective fraud prevention technologies, tools and processes, preferred.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.