VP, Assistant Branch Manager - Bellevue, WA; Redmond, WA
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for helping individuals and families with their financial goals, including retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs. In more than 300 branch offices in 45 U.S. states, you'll find Branch Managers leading and coaching their teams as they work directly with our clients to achieve that common goal.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you are good at
The Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) is part of the Branch Network where we deliver Wealth Management services to clients to meet their financial needs. In this role, you will report to the Branch Manager and responsibilities will be dependent on the Branch Manager’s span of control and geographic location. In collaboration with the Branch Manager, the ABM will develop and execute a comprehensive local business plan focused on growth of market share and client assets.
As a branch leader, the Assistant Branch Manager will focus on retention and development of top talent through coaching, performance management, and employee engagement. You will have oversight of one or several branches including having Associate Financial Consultants, Financial Consultants and the Client Service staff as direct reports. In this position, you will be responsible for delivering an excellent client experience through effective coaching of branch professionals and operational execution as necessary to ensure proper oversight, compliance and risk management of the branch.
As a local representative, the Assistant Branch Manager will be involved in community development in partnership with the Branch Manager to increase brand awareness through the development and execution of events, workshops, and sponsorships as well as participation in organizational memberships.
Under the mentorship of a Branch Manager, you will progress through a learning curriculum that will prepare them for a Branch Manager role in approximately 18-24 months. Since this is a development role, those that are hired into this position need to be flexible to relocation across the network when a manager role becomes available.
What you have
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience
- A valid and active Series 7 license required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license required
- A valid and active Series 9/10 (8) license required (may be obtained within a 90 day condition of employment)
- A valid and active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- CFP® designation is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry with leadership experience preferred
- Strong brokerage and industry knowledge
- Proven ability to provide ongoing employee coaching, development, and recognition
- Demonstrated business development experience with a strong drive for results
- Demonstrated dedication to treating clients in an ethical, empathetic, and proactive way
- Ability to build and sustain strong trusted partnerships with employees, peers and colleagues in other work groups based on mutual trust
- Sound operational and supervisory judgment
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to build and deepen relationships with clients, within the community and within Schwab to achieve desired results
- Demonstrated commitment to holding yourself and others to high degree of integrity
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.