Regional Event Manager
The Retail Regional Events team is part of the Event & Production Services department and creates memorable events that drive acquisition and client retention for the Branch Network. The group’s primary objectives directly support the strategy laid out by the Local Acquisition Marketing team and the client experience goals established by the Branch Network. It is a team comprised of five event managers.
As a Regional Event Manager, you will serve as a partner to key partners in both Marketing and Investor Services. You will have ownership of designing experiences that promote attendance and create follow-up opportunities for Financial Consultants. Knowledge of supported markets and the ability to mine ideas that resonate with local interests will be key to success in this role.
This person will be designing both virtual and in-person events (pending COVID-19 restrictions). Virtual events will be both multiregional and hyper-local in nature and will utilize local partners/talent, as well as vendors with the ability to scale. Virtual event responsibilities include hosting through Schwab’s approved webcast platform (WebEx Events), event design to include curated experience kits (F&B and/or vital equipment), oversight of all kit collateral (recipe/menu cards, wine guides, step-by-step instructions, etc.), tracking of shipments, and post-event expense reconciliation and reporting. In-person events will also include a focus on room layout and flow, decor, plus oversight of on-site registration and any related staffing support.
This is a fast-faced role focused primarily on single day events crafted to drive new clients to the firm at the local level. Event size ranges from 30-500 participants (estimated at 5 per month or about 15 per quarter). You will support major markets on the West Coast and travel will be expected for in-person events once COVID-19 safety precautions are lifted.
What you are good at
- Various aspects of event management including but not limited to: site/venue/vendor selection, contract negotiation, budget management, menu development, communications, registration, vendor management, gifting, and post event reporting.
- Designing unique, innovative and distinctive experiences that serve to differentiate Schwab. Elevating the attendee experience through menu development, event-related gifts, or experience boxes and small touches that make the event memorable.
- Reading an audience: you can differentiate experiences that are suitable (or not) for a demographic.
- Interacting with VIPs and well-known talent and feel comfortable providing executive and talent coaching to garner the best on-camera or on-stage performance. You will lead pre-event rehearsals with internal hosts and external panelists.
- Multitasking. You can comfortably manage multiple events and markets simultaneously. Strong organization skills are essential.
- Identifying efficiencies in processes and identify scalable opportunities when they arise.
- Writing eloquently and understanding how to create excitement through communications to drive attendance.
- Proficient with contract negotiation and have an eye for detail related to both agreements and budgets.
- Working with a team and thriving in a collaborative, idea-sharing environment, but you are also very comfortable working independently.
- Being proactive. Looking for opportunities to bring new insights to the table and improve processes before being asked.
- Being adaptable and flexible and turning on a dime if needed. You are able to remain calm under pressure.
- Being curious and adventurous. You have a challenger attitude and enjoy pushing beyond what’s expected.
- You’re a positive person and enjoy building relationships across groups. You like to have fun!
What you have
- 5-8 years in event management experience.
- Experience planning and executing high touch, highly experiential events of various sizes and levels of complexity.
- Thorough and detailed planning skills. You anticipate and plan for multiple scenarios.
- On-site management experience to include being responsible for various elements of show management, such as audio-visual, production, event flow and timing.
- Virtual event experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to superior customer service.
- Creativity and finesse in event design and decor.
- Experience in speaker research/selection and high-level knowledge of broad-reaching content ideas (culinary, sports, motivational, business, etc.).
- Outstanding project management and time leadership skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects under demanding deadlines.
- Solid contract negotiation skills.
- Excellent budget leadership skills, including the ability to meet monthly deadlines and quarterly spend requirements.
- Experience coordinating registration.
- Experience with travel arrangements, including air, housing and ground transportation knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation.
- Website and invitation copy experience (coding knowledge not required).
- Extensive PC skills and in-depth experience with office suite. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with event-related technology such as WebEx Events, Cvent, and Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred experience within financial services or luxury hotel industries.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.