Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a talented Sr. Front End Developer to join the Digital Accelerator Retirement Experience team to build customer facing applications. We will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. Ideal candidate shares our passion for technology, innovation, excellence and enjoys fast-paced environment, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change passionately. We are moving towards a Test-Driven development and Continuous Integration environment using Bamboo and Bit Bucket. The candidate will work alongside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
What you are good at
- Hands on coding, perform code reviews, unit testing and production issue solving.
- Design, development, deployment of UI code.
- Lead in design and implementation of new stories and bug fixes.
- Mentor junior staff in the team and help them reach their career goals.
- Provide technical direction and support to the rest of your team
- Participate in product roadmap discussions and long term planning for your team
- Develop tools and practices that will increase the efficiency of your team
- Partnering with fellow developers, product owners, technical leads and architects.
- Works as a team member with product manager, UX, CX, data and their tech teammates to deliver complete solutions.
- Work closely with architects and business partners to define Agile stories for new capabilities
What you have
- 5+ years of application development experience and experience mentoring/assisting junior developers on team
- Proven experience developing and implementing applications, particularly web-enabled applications using Front End Technologies/Concepts: Angular 5+, Jasmine, JEST, JSON/XML, Sync/ASync services, RxJS, and NgRx (or other state management libraries)
- Proven knowledge of Web Content Management
- Passion for enterprise-level agile development
- Solid understanding in web application environments and development tools, session state management, web configuration and deployment strategies, security and performance tuning, and debugging methodologies
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to work with UX designers and product management to flesh out detailed UI design
- Proven ability in delivering solid, secure, performant front-end code and contribute to the design of backend APIs
- Proven ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Comfortable with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) concepts, unit testing principles and implementations, API test automation techniques as well as automated deployment pipeline tools
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite is strongly preferred: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Have a passion for problem solving, the ability to quickly learn new concepts, and must be able to interact with all levels of technical and business teams
- Be a team player, self-motivated and able to work collaboratively across organizations
- Proven ability to compose and deliver technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various levels of technical and non-technical management
- BS or higher in computer science or related technical field
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.