Sr. Content Strategy Manager
The Digital Services User Experience and Design team seeks a Sr. Team Manager in our San Francisco headquarters to deliver great experiences that help 30 million clients achieve their financial goals. Our business is driven by looking through our clients’ eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. You and your content strategy team will elevate the overall quality of our web and mobile user experiences.
Please note: This is not a marketing, social media, or technical writing leader role.”
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Be an effective content strategy player-coach who can improve our editorial standards and guidelines, and mentor and guide a team of content strategists to write clear, concise, and conversational copy to simplify complex transactional flows
- Partner with product and user experience teams, project management, and development to support and optimization efforts to deliver meaningful product and UI content
- Ensure our digital channels align with our voice, tone, and editorial guidelines
- Collaborate with key partners from brand, legal, compliance, fraud, risk, and other teams to ensure content meets business objectives and is compliant with regulatory policies
What you have
- Six plus years as a content strategist with experience in financial services, technology, or digital consulting
- Three years as a content strategy team manager or user experience lead
- Portfolio demonstrating effective UX and content strategy thinking via case studies and typical deliverables (e.g., style guide, content inventory and audit, taxonomy or navigation strategy, voice and tone guidelines, personalization strategy, microcopy, and emails)
- Can create and lead workshops on content-first methodology and activities, and deliver impactful presentations specific to content strategy
- Expert communication, presentation, motivation, and persuasion skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about web and mobile best practices and emerging trends
- Outcome-oriented design thinking to deliver the best product client experience possible within time, budget, or resourcing constraints
- Educate others about content strategy’s value to the business and within the user-centered design process
- Working knowledge of Agile, lean UX, content management systems is helpful
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.