2022 Charles Schwab Investor Services - Planning & Investor Development Internship
Do you want to spend your summer internship with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 45 years? Schwab’s mission is to help our clients build a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2022 program include:
- Business Track Project: Working with your host business track at Schwab provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Dedicated Intern Leader: Receive regular feedback from your leader, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Build your network by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to graduate between December 2022 and May/June 2023
- Ability to work full time and be on-site at assigned Schwab location during the 9-week program (June 6 to August 5, 2022)
- Have specific skills as specified by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and outstanding experience – one you won’t soon forget!
What you are good at
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who possess a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge and who have the demeanor of an everyday leader
- Resourcefulness and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning demeanor, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and seek to exceed client expectations
What you have
- A strong desire to build and grow a career in the financial services industry
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- The courage to ask “why”
As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans to the Intern Academy.
There are many different business tracks that you can engage with over the course of the summer. Some of the tracks that will host 2022 interns are:
- Corporate Risk Management
- Digital Services
- Front Line Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Internal Audit
- Investor and Client Service
- Model Risk Management
- Retirement Business Services
- Schwab Asset Management Solutions
- Schwab Branch Network
- Schwab Technology Services
- Workplace Financial Services
You can find additional program information at:
We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. To formally apply and be considered, use this link:
Investor Services - Planning and & Investor Development Intern
The Planning & Investor Development team helps clients achieve their financial goals through wealth management solutions founded upon a financial plan. The Planning & Investor Development Intern role will be critical to helping to achieve democratization of our modern wealth management offers while driving scale and making it easy for our clients to do business with Schwab.
What you’ll do:
Planning & Investor Development seeks an Intern to work with two lines of business and partners in an effort to add value by looking for opportunities in scale, process, and overall client experience.
The team supports four critical businesses including the Centralized Planning Group, Portfolio Solutions Group, Investor Development Team, and Schwab Employee Branch.
Fundamentally, we believe all investors should have access to advice and financial planning without compromise and without the high cost typically associated with these services. We help clients achieve their financial goals through proactive wealth management solutions built upon a financial plan and utilizing a detailed investment methodology. With a focus on inspiring client loyalty and a dedication to employee engagement through career development, we support clients and employees in reaching their goals.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships within multiple areas of Schwab, assessing business operations to improve efficiency, scale and client experience.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the markets, empathy, energy, and problem solving while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients.
- Partner and work alongside our teams to understand the value proposition of our critical offerings and look for possible alignments that will help the business.
- Provide input and recommendations on potential business strategies that may improve client and representative experiences.
What you have:
- Able to quickly learn new technology and utilize a variety of data and systems in order to proactively determine solutions to improve processes
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven work ethic with a high level of integrity to build trust with our team and internal partners
- Collaborative and relationship-focused work style with demonstrated success in a team environment
- Excellent understanding of the benefits of financial planning
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills, especially in cross-functional teams
What you’ll learn:
- You will gain unique exposure to Schwab’s Advice and Planning teams
- How to develop and implement process and operational improvements
- You will gain experience within a purpose driven investment management firm striving to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity
- You will be given opportunities to research, build, and present on process improvements
Target Total Compensation - $22.00/hour
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.