Critical Facility Program Management - Office Portfolio
This exciting new Opportunity at Schwab will challenge all aspects of your background in critical facility operations and project management. You will coordinate & manage all aspects of the Schwab US Office portfolio Critical Facility’s which includes responsibility for Critical Plant operational excellence and capital project planning. You must be a good communicator, functional specialist, and influencer to your peers. This role provides technical guidance and direction to coworkers. You will communicate frequently and effectively with your property manager peers, construction managers, architects, and Schwab project team members. You will create long term capital replacement strategies for Schwab and be a Technical Advisor to Project teams. You will be responsible for meeting and delivering operational goals and maintaining high operational standards across all US based Schwab Office Portfolio Critical Facilities. Key attributes of this role are excellent technical ability, verbal communication skills, professional demeanor, and time management skills.
This position reports to the Managing Director of Critical Facilities and must align with the overall direction of the Critical Facility Objectives and Goals. This role will have the potential to change how Schwab operates critical facilities in its US Office Portfolio of Real Estate.
What you are good at
This role will create operational excellence in the Office Critical Facilities using their technical ability and skill as an influencer and good communicator.
- Complex Project Support: Working with the Property Managers, provide consulting for scope of work detail, technical reviews of design drawings/specifications, support bid leveling, aide facility operations in developing sophisticated switching procedures, and support commissioning activities. Works in conjunction with Project Administrator to coordinate all paperwork and documentation required by Audit.
- Non-Complex Project Management: Provide mentoring to the Property Managers for non-complex projects identified and approved by supervision. These projects include critical facility plant upgrades and improvement in the Office Facility plants. These project management responsibilities include design, budget creation and maintenance, proposal review, bid leveling, purchase requisition creation, schedule creation and maintenance, monitoring work quality and worker safety, and project reporting. Works in conjunction with Project Administrator to coordinate all paperwork and documentation required by Audit.
- Critical Facility Plan analytics/operation consulting: Ensure Critical Facility Plant Operations are operating efficiently working closely with the Property Managers of these facilities. Review and work to ensure the Operational Level Agreement is in place and functional at all Critical Facilities in the Office area. Analyze Operational data and reporting, endpoint calibration and other factors that make up cooling or electrical system operations. Propose operational changes approved by the Property Managers and the Managing Director of Critical Facilities that improve Operational system and facility efficiency. Commissioning Coordination. Review and Improvement of Operational Procedures at the Critical Facility Operational Plants.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This is an individual contributor and there are no formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments of lower-level employees.
What you have
- 10+ Years of experience
- Professional Engineer, CDCMP (Certified Data Center Management Professional), Certified Project Professional, Certified Energy Manager, or equivalent.
- Engineering Degree preferred or equivalent years of experience (10+ years) with a leadership role in facilities or project management in the facility technical space.
- Industry Certification (ie. CDCMP, PE) desired
- Must possess judgment and decision-making skills and be able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Knowledge of design techniques, Operational Efficiency, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Knowledge of business management principals involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources. Knowledge of principals and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret sophisticated documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills. Must possess critical thinking skills using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems. Proficient at the use of MS Office Suite, CMMS, BMS, DCIM, MCIM, etc.
- Communicates frequently and effectively with peers, construction managers, architects and other project team members. This is a key attribute of this role and this must be performed seamlessly with other areas of responsibilities. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, exhibit a professional demeanor, and possess time management skills.
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Must be an active listener, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts sophisticated financial analysis.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Works with team members and groups to establish priorities, set goals and track outcomes.
- Applies specialized knowledge within area of expertise, understanding broader impact on the company. Resolves a wide range of issues by applying judgment and technical know-how to identify creative ways to complete assignments, improve policies and/ or programs and influence others to act.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of intangibles factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior personnel internally and externally across departments/groups to resolve issue, gain needed information and influence outcomes.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and target dates. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project target dates. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to department.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.