Director, Data Technology
SAMS Data Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) which is a Schwab organization that unites money management, research, and asset management platforms for mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), managed accounts, alternative investments and insurance. With over $550B in assets under management, SAMS is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 7th largest provider of money market funds and 5th largest ETF provider.
What you are good at
This is a senior technology leadership role based in Denver, CO or West Lake TX managing the software development lifecycle and end to end data integration including consuming, modelling, storage and publishing platforms for all SAMS data across the enterprise. It will include executing and realizing the strategy for the team to support the dynamic needs of the SAMS business whilst leveraging the wider firm wide data platforms where applicable.
The role includes the hands-on management of both full time employees and contractors including the vendor relationships with partner firms. The role encompasses establishing and directing the strategic and tactical goals for the teams, building a client and data driven technology organization improving the data quality, timeliness, accuracy, accessibility, technology platform and service provided to the CSIM business. Provide Development Manager leadership/oversite to multiple Agile Scrum teams and partner directly with the Product Owner of the SAMS Data Platform.
In addition to the functional responsibilities within the technology organization for the SAMS data platform, building proprietary components where required and integrating and managing industry leading vendor software to provide a cohesive, flexible platform which can scale effectively and meet the data demands for future business growth.
What you have
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused technology leader with a proven record of data platform delivery to an investment management business.
Qualifications & Experience
- A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- 12+ years of experience in a data software development / architectural role
- 7+ years of experience working in an investment management firm
- Experienced in cloud-based technologies, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to business requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance, experience managing staff, and advanced industry knowledge is key.
- Experience leading Agile Scrum development teams
- Minimum of seven years’ experience leading an information technology software delivery organization across multiple technical and investment management product disciplines with a focus on enterprise data management.
- At least seven years’ experience managing the software development lifecycle leveraging the latest methodologies and industry applicable technologies
- Extensive experience leading solution delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals
- Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon budgets and timeframes
- Substantiated experience raising the bar on staff delivery performance and cultivating high performance work environments
- Significant experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process and business change management
Leadership & Management
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Ability to drive change with external counterparties and vendors, managing and enhancing relationships and services provided
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills with experience preparing reports to executive management and boards
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
Target Total Compensation - 148,500 - 249,900
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.