Manager - Business Strategy, Trading & Education
Charles Schwab’s Trading & Education business serves retail clients who are actively engaged in managing their investments with an offering that includes a range of trading platforms and research and analysis tools, an extensive offering of tradeable products, award-winning educational resources, and service tailored to trader clients’ needs.
The Trading & Education Strategy team serves two primary functions:
- Assisting with strategic decision for the T&E Leadership Team, and
- Supporting the operational and business planning needs of the T&E business.
Typical projects for the Strategy team include growth strategy, market assessment and entry evaluation, client experience strategy, and operating model / organizational design.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
We are seeking a Manager who will drive high-priority strategy projects. As a Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Use a data-driven approach to understand clients’ evolving needs and develop strategies to attract new clients and retain existing clients
- Refine your analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced team environment
- Play an integral role in strategic initiatives related to Schwab’s acquisition of TD Ameritrade
- Benefit from a strong mentorship network including business leaders and trading subject matter experts
- Gain visibility within the firm's senior leadership
- Benefit from minimal travel and a hybrid work environment
What you have
- 4 Year college degree required
- Minimum 4 years related experience, preferably with a management consulting firm, financial services firm, or strategy group within a large organization
- Excellent analytical/technical abilities, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Highly motivated to tackle ambiguous problems and find structured solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- High attention to detail, sense of urgency, and proactiveness
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to plan and execute your own work streams for discrete projects or subsets of projects, as well as ability to work across several projects concurrently
- Demonstrated interpersonal and influencing skills, especially in cross-functional teams
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.