.NET Developer IV
The Portfolio Management Technology team is looking for a talented technologist to develop software and solutions for our private cloud based trading platform. The team is in the process of building ultra-low latency, high volume and reliable next generation trading platform. When it is completed, the application should support processing several billions of inquiry transactions during market hours. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What you are good at
- Execute development pipeline and delivery of the organization’s software products to QA, and ultimately to production
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology
- Work with scrum master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business
What you have
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience in leading development team(s).
- Convert business requirements in technical stories.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and processes
- Experience with frameworks such as .NET, .NET Core, Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Expert in object oriented analysis, SOA, design patterns, development, implementation and maintenance
- Proficient building server side applications based upon Microsoft technologies, specifically utilizing Visual Studio and C#
- Strong experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NoSQL databases, and SQL is preferred
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problem
- Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards and Guidelines
- Independently plans own work and is accountable to meet schedules and deliverables
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.