Public Cloud DevOps Engineer - Mid Career
The SRE Engineer for Public Cloud is responsible for high availability, maintainability, support, and automation of Public Cloud. The engineer in this role will work with their peers to build a premier SRE organization passionate about automation and availability.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills who can contribute to a highly collaborative culture and a team environment. You will deliver innovative, value-based, reliable solutions. A proven track record of delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly is key to success in the role.
What you are good at
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and supervise their applications
- Communicate strategic technology plans to associated business partners ensuring collaboration across technology and the business
- Perform proactive daily system monitoring including reviewing system and application logs as well as responding to, triaging, solving and remediating incidents
- Identify applications reliability and availability improvements, establish, and build solutions to continue to drive an improved experience
- Develop and manage continuous deployment and integrate solutions
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
What you have
- At least 2 years of proven experience in DevOps or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in technical area required
- Demonstrate ability to resolve business and service impacting problems, evaluating all alternatives, and collaborating with other technical members of the organization is required
- Proficient in one or more of the following scripting languages (Bash, Python, Go, PowerShell)
- Familiarity with observability tools (CloudWatch, Stack Driver, Splunk)
- Familiarity with AWS or GCP Public Cloud platforms
- Knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with Git and JIRA
- Experience with environment provisioning and deployment automation (Terraform)
- Ability to work well with global teams
- Flexibility to operate in an environment with changing demands and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.