Site Reliability Engineer III
This is a Site Reliability Engineer role in SAMS Technology Operations team to support the Sales & Marketing systems. In this business facing role, the candidate will be interacting with several internal and external teams, driving issue analysis and resolution, recommending solutions, and helping to promote the overall support strategy.
- Proactively detecting, troubleshooting, and resolving all issues affecting production applications. This involves coordination with and escalation to development and external teams where necessary. This team owns all issues escalated to SAMS Technology until it is resolved or a workaround is provided to end users.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to affected parties during the investigation and resolution of any individual or system-wide outage
- Responsible for ensuring the Change Implementation Management policies are adhered to for all changes deployed to Production.
- Work with development teams at the appropriate stages in application development to ensure any new systems or projects meet the Production standards
- Constantly update knowledge repository, ensure information regarding any support related activities or issues are available and easily accessible.
- Responsible for servicing all requests for data or other activities that require access to Production systems
- The goal is to improve self-reliance and reduce dependency on the availability of development or external team resources for the initial troubleshooting and resolution of problems.
What you are good at
- Experienced Support Analyst in Asset Management industry with a strong understanding of Sales and Marketing applications
- Understand the different data requirements from Product Management team and address the recurring requests through scripting / automation
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service and integrity demonstrated through clear communication and positive action. Be able to easily communicate with senior business and technology stakeholders during production incidents
- Solid track record in an operational/support role, understands incident/problem/change management and how to drive stability across organizations.
- Hands-on professional that understands both code and infrastructure
- A self-starter who can identify weaknesses in infrastructure/code and drives solutions with automation, tooling and enhancements by working closely with Scrum teams
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation
What you have
- Operating System : Windows Environment
- SQL/Databases (SQL Server): Understanding of tables, views, indexes, and stored procedures, and the ability to understand them by reading their definitions. Familiarity with SQL queries. Understanding of transactions, query plan analysis and database troubleshooting.
- Experience with Cloud Services, including monitoring, resilience, maintainability and performance
- Data Conversion and ETL tool experience – Informatica
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools like BitBucket
- Experience in implementing processes for proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self- healing systems.
Ability to debug and troubleshoot by examining logs, using debuggers, dashboards etc. (Splunk, AppDynamics)
Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience with CRM Products (SalesForce), Content Management Systems (Docurated), and exposure to SaaS based products are desired
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from a top tier university, preferably in Computer Science
- 4-7 years of support/developer experience in financial services, preferably Asset Management
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data
- Keen focus on metrics and trend analysis
- Self-motivated with exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties during outages and actively communicate updates to Application Development and Business partners
- Detail oriented and organized with strong analytical skills
- Self-starter and ability to multi task with a can do attitude
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.