Sr. Business Systems Analyst
SAMS Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) which is a new Schwab organization that unites money management, research, and asset management platforms for mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), managed accounts, alternative investments and insurance. With over $500B in assets under management, SAMS is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 7th largest provider of money market funds and 5th largest ETF provider.
SAMS is launching an exciting new managed investing product called Schwab Personalized Indexing (SPI). Targeting more sophisticated investors, SPI will track a major equity index by investing directly in the index’s securities to mirror its performance. The product is managed by a proprietary portfolio management optimization which decides which securities by buy and sell based on investor preferences and market performance. Investors can customize their account with unique preferences by selecting a variety of benchmarks to track, exclude specific securities or industries and make other customizations to personalize their investment. SPI will be the first SAMS managed investing product to offer a completely digital onboarding experience to Schwab clients.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and sometime in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
This role as Technical Business Systems Analyst will contribute to the team responsible for building the APIs to support the digital onboarding experience and integrating the client account personalization information captured with the portfolio management software. Responsibilities include:
- Work with web front-end technical partners to define request/response data contracts between the client and API service
- Partner with the product owner and development team to define a conceptual and logical data model which meets the needs of current and future client account customizations
- Work with the portfolio management team to define the service level agreement for transmitting client account customizations to the portfolio management team
- Work with domain partners to define data requirements, APIs specifications and SLA for data captured which needs to be persisted in other domains
- Work cross-functionally with technical partners to ensure coordinated hand-offs for the web client are designed and specified
- Navigate the organization to locate SMEs, research data source and facilitate access to needed services or applications
- Assist the scrum team with designing and executing test to validate acceptance criteria
- Write technical and procedural documentation
What you have
- Bachelors’ degree in business administration, computer science, information technology or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a business analyst or in a similar capacity
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of Excel, SQL, object-oriented programming and scripting languages
- Knowledge Visio, Lucidchart or other visualization software
- Experience building flowcharts to represent workflows
- Strong knowledge of webservices and API specifications
- Experience with collaborative tools such as Jira, Confluence
- Experience participating as a member of a scrum team in an agile environment
- Experience working with third-party vendor applications
- Experience working in investment management and knowledge of trading, operations and accounting a plus
- Experience working as a developer a plus
- Sharp problem-solving, analytical and innovation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to translate ideas between technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrates a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity
- Relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter: takes initiative and can work independently
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- Open minded, genuine, and a skilled listener
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.