Sr. Manager, HNW Lending Strategy
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm, and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible, and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative, and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Bank (CSB) has proven successful in serving the lending needs of Schwab’s core Retail consumer clients which is an important business line we will continue to grow. We now have a unique opportunity to expand our lending capabilities by targeting Schwab’s high net worth (HNW) clients and registered investment advisory (RIA) firms. To seize this growth opportunity, we will build a separate, parallel lending business model leveraging Charles Schwab Premier Bank (CSPB) to serve HNW clients and RIA firms with complex credit profiles, and higher service level expectations requiring a different approach with specialized expertise to serve their needs.
Reporting into the Director of Business Strategy, the HNW Lending Strategy Senior Managerwill be responsible for developing plans to expand our HNW lending capabilities and aid in establishing the strategic direction for our overall CSPB offering. The Senior Manager will work closely with internal and external partners to develop analysis, deliver thoughtful, insightful, and high impact contributions across a range of “high-stakes” strategic deliverables. This role offers the opportunity to build in-depth knowledge across Schwab Banking and Trust Services through immediate involvement in key initiatives.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Work with internal partners on strategic planning and aid in the expansion of the Senior Lending Team (SLT), comprised of professionals from sales, operations, credit and legal
- Structure and lead efforts to craft and enhance service models to better meet HNW client borrowing needs and serve as a point of collaboration for business partners across the company
- Deliver data-driven insights and produce recommendations to support strategic direction and business prioritization
- Perform regular and ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative analyses across and within CSPB, as required by specific projects
- Develop presentations for senior leadership to socialize ideas, team strategies, results, and programs
- Lead cross-channel initiatives to increase efficiency and improve the client experience
- Perform competitive analysis and evaluate industry trends to closely align our strategic goals to what is being offered in the HNW marketplace.
- Identify and ensure tracking of key metrics
- Identify opportunities to enhance the end-to-end lending experience based on partner, client, representative and advisor feedback
What you have
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in banking and lending, mortgage, pledged asset lending, or strategy.
- Athorough understandingof HNW client banking needs and industry knowledge of various wealth management offerings.
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas and plans into actions and tactics
- Exceptional analytical ability for gathering and interpreting complex data including a track record of process improvement
- Project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities through to completion.
- Highly client-oriented with demonstrated leadership, relationship-building, collaboration, and sales skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including ability to understand needs, develop recommendations, influence partners, and move strategies forward.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams, work efficiently in a matrixed environment and synthesize diverse points of view into well-formulated recommendations and plans.
- Ability to contribute individually and to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to gather data and use it to develop logical and well-conceived solutions.
- Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment with the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively to varying levels across the organization and build strong partnerships.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work efficiently, to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Results orientation and ability to take initiative and effectively distill strategy, analytics, and varied sets of input to drive to decisions and follow through to execution
- Ability to frame issues and needs from the client's perspective; possess a natural bias to conceptualize solutions based on a keen understanding of client needs and client experience
- Highly skilled in creating resources and presentation materials in Microsoft applications; Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.