Sr. Manager, Software Development & Engineering
Schwab’s Broker-Dealer Integration Technology Services (BITS) organization is seeking a talented Senior Team Manager to lead 2+ interdisciplinary software development teams. Comprised of technology professionals specialized in broker-dealer capabilities, the teams are playing an integral role in the company’s top initiatives, such as the conversion and integration of TD Ameritrade clients.
An ideal candidate is passionate about serving people, ensuring their strong engagement, successful performance, and adaptability in a face-paced environment. You find fulfillment in developing high-performing teams to deliver technology-enabled business outcomes. You are adept in building relationships and effective collaboration. You excel in communication and are regarded as a change agent and thought leader.
What you are good at
- Engaging and developing the talent on your teams, providing feedback, coaching, and guidance on performance and career development
- Building and inspiring high-performing teams to deliver optimal, reliable, and secure solutions
- Developing and communicating priorities and objectives for your teams to support company goals and outcomes
- Building relationships and effective collaboration with team members as well as cross-organizational partners and stakeholders
- Leading teams through change and ambiguity
- Solving problems and minimizing waste through a strong analytical and continuous improvement mindset
- Anticipating and proactively addressing needs, risks, and challenges over a longer time horizon than your teams’ current focus
- Demonstrating Schwab’s Leadership Imperatives
What you have
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in technology or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience leading 10+ individual contributors or multiple teams, preferably supporting IT software delivery.
- 5+ years of experience leading complex projects/initiatives or teams with multiple interactions and dependencies.
- Broad knowledge of IT/software technology, processes, and trends.
- Agile experience.
- Lean experience a plus.
- Financial Services industry and/or Merger and Acquisition experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in servant leadership behaviors including active listening, empathy, emotional intelligence, persuasion, foresight, growing and empowering people, and balancing strategy and execution.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.