Schwab Personalized Investing Engineering (PIE) builds innovative products by leveraging technologies that personalize our clients’ investing experience. Products include Thematic Investing, Digital Advice and Financial Planning. You will bring in broad and diverse engineering expertise and will team up with our product stakeholders in solving fun challenges and creating exceptional experiences for our customers.
The ideal candidate has several years of experience as a software engineer and a proven track record of Test Automation success in an Agile, fast paced environment, as well as a solid background in Financial Services / Investing. This is an opportunity for a skilled programmatic tester to join a growing engineering team within Personalized Investing and help our clients own their tomorrow.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference. *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Above all else you’re an engineer and solve problems through automation. You’re curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact on the project.
- You delight in leading your fellow engineers in writing effective tests and constantly challenge yourself to improve overall test coverage.
- You know how to create your own REST services and are familiar with parsing JSON and XML.
- You have phenomenal organizational skills and are confident in your ability to deliver test metric visibility to stakeholders.
- You have worked in an Agile environment in the past. Iterative test development and working as part of a distributed engineering team present an exciting opportunity for you.
- You contribute to open-source projects. If you have github.com contributions – we’d love to check them out!
- You’re a lifelong learner. You’re able to grasp difficult concepts and complex designs and stay on top of new and emerging technologies.
What you have
- 9+ years of experience developing software applications using C# or Java w/focus on automation.
- Proven track record of test automation with SpecFlow.NET or Cucumber (for Java)
- Be a leader in enabling teams to use TDD/BDD/ATDD using Gherkin/Ruby/Cucumber
- Proficient writing SQL statements
- Proficiency in automating testing of RESTful web services, and using Postman.
- Bring best practices in maintaining automation/regression suite, and help guide other developer and SDETs in driving test automation.
- Experience using ‘git’ as source control system (cherry-picking and merge conflict resolution should be second nature to you)
- Experience working in CI/CD environment. (Bamboo) One should be able to create, modify and execute jobs from scratch using ‘git’ as source
- Comfort with the full Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, Bitbucket) and Postman
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar area of study
- Good understanding of investment/trading life cycle, use cases, and data requirements to support the lifecycle
- Embrace SOLID principles and clean code
- 2+ years of experience with cloud Computing technologies (AWS, PCF etc.)
Target Total Compensation - 121,000 - 201,600
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.