Third Party Legal Process Senior Specialist
The Charles Schwab Legal Department is looking for skilled, hard-working, and friendly individuals to join the team. The Third Party Legal Process (“TPLP”) group has primary responsibility for legal matters where The Charles Schwab Corporation or its subsidiaries (“Schwab”) are involved as a third party. For example, TPLP handles court orders, garnishments, subpoenas, and tax and child support levies. TPLP also assists the Estates Risk team and various operations centers with legal advancements and supports the Client Advocacy Team with the resolution of client complaints.
TPLP is an energetic, efficient, and engaged team. We are looking for a Sr. Specialist who will be responsible for processing legal matters in a timely manner, forming relationships with other groups, and ensuring processes are streamlined and efficient. The Sr. Specialist will also be responsible for working with other TPLP team members to execute our business goals and ensure items handled by the team are processed in an appropriate and timely manner.
What you are good at
- Processing subpoenas, including gathering documents, preparing document packages, communicating with attorneys and clients, and handling a large volume of work with set-in-stone target dates.
- Handling court orders directed to Schwab and monitoring the development of these matters, including corresponding with attorneys, lifting restrictions for allowed activities, working with other departments to address issues, occasionally handling advanced interactions, interpreting legal documents, and the like.
- Processing levies and garnishments to ensure funds are properly restrained and agencies and courts are timely advised of assets held by Schwab.
- Cross-training to serve as a backup for all lines of TPLP work when staffing needs dictate.
- Serving as a point of contact and useful resource for colleagues across Schwab.
- Identifying process changes to improve research and enhance document gathering functions.
- Communicating via email and telephone with internal and external partners in a professional manner.
- Handling a large volume of work and processes with on-time and accurate results.
What you have
- You deliver on-time results. You believe in excellent work, are efficient, and meet tight target dates with little supervision.
- You are a strong problem solver, with advanced research and analytic skills. You can identify issues and collect, organize, and distill information from multiple sources and systems, including conversations with attorneys, investigators, agency representatives, and internal business partners.
- You are organized and pay attention to details. This role requires you to be agile and handle a diverse set of priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You can juggle (metaphorically speaking) while smiling.
- You demonstrate excellent judgment and can navigate ambiguity. You make good decisions, are able to identify issues, and know when to advance matters. You find a path forward even in the face of uncertainty. You show confidence in making these determinations and encourage your teammates to share in that confidence.
- You are curious and creative. You are inquisitive, excited to learn, and happy to share your own ideas to improve processes or support the work of your teammates.
- You are service-focused and reciprocal. You have a “can-do” demeanor towards solving problems and are a great teammate. You believe that diversity strengthens us, and you eagerly seek different views and delight in fresh perspectives.
- You are a leader. You have high expectations for yourself, and you exceed them in both a team setting and independent work. Through your example, you inspire others to do the same.
- You work hard and are proud of your contributions. You are a professional with a strong work ethic and high levels of integrity and responsibility.
- You are nice. You understand that having supportive colleagues can make work fun, and you are positive, enthusiastic, and kind.
- You have a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience. Current team members have a wide range of professional backgrounds, including attorneys, paralegals, MBAs, operational experience, and project management expertise.
- You also have a minimum of two years of experience in Schwab or TDA Systems or at least three years of relevant professional experience. An understanding of legal documents and processes may be advantageous but is not required.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.